REGION 2 PHOTO CONTEST – SCROLL DOWN FOR THE MOST RECENT WINNERS
It is just about time to “focus” on our favorite flower. As we head into bloom season and you pull out your cameras, please keep the Region 2 Photography Contest in mind. This year the categories are Best Single Bloom, Best Multi-Bloom/Clump and Best Artistic/Creative Photo. First place winners in each category will each receive a new introduction generously donated by Jerry Marlatt. Please visit https://www.ogdenstationdaylilies.com/ for more details about each gorgeous plant, and to see other Marlatt introductions.. Creativity, composition, and artistic quality count!
GENERAL CONTEST RULES:
- Any AHS Region 2 member of any age can enter up to two entries per class for a total of six entries.
- The entries must have been taken by the member submitting them.
- The photos must have been taken in 2023.
- High resolution digital files in .jpg format are preferred, but film prints are accepted.
- Submissions must be received by September 1, 2023, by emailing to Region 2 Editor, Saundra Dunn, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing to 3035 Parman Road, Dansville, MI, 48819.
GENERAL PHOTO RULES:
- All submitted images must include all or part of a daylily bloom and may also include other types of flowers,garden art or garden critters. Images should not include people.
- Submissions must include the category, name of the featured cultivar or seedling notation, the hybridizer and the year of introduction, if applicable.
- Minor photo editing, such as cropping and minor color and light correction, is allowed. Please use caution to avoid overmanipulation and enhancement of images. No borders or text should be used.
- Submitting an entry grants the American Daylily Society (ADS) and its Regions the right to reprint or republish submitted photograph(s) in any of the newsletters or journals published by ADS or any of its Regions; to publish such photograph(s) on any website maintained by or on behalf of ADS or any of its Regions; and to publish such photograph(s) in any other publication published by ADS or any of its Regions.
- Images will be judged by an independent panel of three judges. Selections will be made on the basis of photographic quality including light and color accuracy, focus, composition, visual appeal and originality.
- A prize will be awarded to the first and second place winners in each category.
- In addition, the winners (and others) will be included in a future issue of the Region 2 Great Lakes Daylily.
Specific Information: Download the pdf file HERE.
Pictures must be emailed or post marked by September 1, 2023.
2022 Contest Winners and Runners Up.
BEST SINGLE BLOOM PHOTO: Winner: Vickie Goedde, Elberfeld, IN ‘Lydia’s Regal Robe’ (Waldrop, 2008)
Runner-up: Valerie Engel, South Bend, IN ‘Tessa Ann’ (Hansen-D, 2013)
BEST MULTI-BLOOM PHOTO: Winner: Vickie Goedde, Elberfeld, IN ‘Clarification’ (Norris-R, 2002)
Runner-up: Jennifer Seely, Trenton, IN ‘Denim Sky’ (Simpson-E, 2018)
BEST ARTISTIC/CREATIVE PHOTO: Winner: Lori Doolin, Winchester, IL ‘Carol Sing’ (Saxton, 1981)
Runner-up: Bobbie Craig, Osgood, IN ‘Black Eyed Stella’ (Roberson, 1989)
2021 Contest Winners and Runners Up.
2020 Contest Winners.
WINNER: Charlie Harper. CULTIVAR: ‘Flight of Orchids’, Reed. CATEGORY: Best Single Bloom
WINNER: Saundra Dunn CULTIVAR: ‘Heavenly Pink Twister’. CATEGORY: Best Multi Bloom
WINNER: Kelly Williams. Cultivar: ‘ Wonder of It All’ (Carr, 2008). CATEGORY: Best Creative
1st RUNNER UP: Amy McConnell. CULTIVAR: ‘Exotic Starfish’. CATEGORY: Best Single Bloom
1st RUNNER UP: Christine Haynam. CULTIVAR: ‘Destin Dreamin”. CATEGORY: Best Multi Bloom
1st RUNNER UP: Barb Buikema. TITLE: Garden Art. CATEGORY: Best Creative